The Coalition for Vaccination’s advocacy campaign to promote the uptake of vaccines among healthcare professionals and their patients was launched online across Europe on 20 April 2020 to coincide with European Immunization Week. The Coalition for Vaccination, of which CLCI is an associate member, was convened by the European Commission in 2019 and brings together nearly 20 European associations of healthcare professionals and relevant student associations in the field.
The Coalition aims to support the delivery of accurate information to the public, combating myths around vaccines and vaccination, and exchanging best practices on vaccination. It is co-led by the Standing Committee of European Doctors (CPME), the European Federation of Nurses Associations (EFN) and the Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union (PGEU).
To support the campaign each of the co-chairs have produced a series of three videos aimed at doctors, nurses and pharmacists:
For doctors VIDEO 1 addresses how medical doctors can promote an increased uptake of vaccines among patients and caregivers, responding to their questions and concerns, VIDEO 2 addresses how they can promote an increased uptake of vaccines among doctors themselves and VIDEO 3 addresses how they can promote an increased uptake of vaccines among nurses or pharmacists.
For nurses there are three videos organized by themes:
- Nurses fostering vaccination among citizens (available in English, French and German
- Nurses fostering vaccination within the nursing workforce (available in English, French and German).
- Nurses fostering vaccination among medical doctors (available in English, French and German).
For Pharmacists, there are also three videos
- Coalition for Vaccination Campaign - Your initiative matters!
- Coalition for Vaccination Campaign - Your vaccination matters!
- Coalition for Vaccination Campaign - Our commitment matters!
CLCI applauds this initiative and we will continue to be involved as the campaign moves forward.