The Coalition for Life-Course Immunisation (‘CLCI’) is a diverse network of expert members and associations from civil society, representing public health, patients, health NGOs and other advocacy groups, academics and health professionals from across Europe.
CLCI members consider life-course immunisation is one of the most effective public health tools to eradicate vaccine-preventable infectious diseases. CLCI is committed to prevention of these diseases over the life-course through the promotion of the health and economic benefits of wide-scale immunisation.
- The CLCI website;
- The CLCI newsletter;
- CLCI conferences, meetings and workshops;
- Any research undertaken by or on behalf of the CLCI;
- Any publications by the CLCI.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal data via the following means:
- When you sign up to our e-newsletter;
- If you submit an enquiry through our website or directly;
- When you become or request to become a member or supporter; or
- If you contact us by other means.
What information do we collect?
CLCI will collect the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your contact details (email address, postal address, phone number, social media ID)
- If you apply for a job with us, information such as employment status, past work experience, references and any criminal convictions
- If you apply to become a CLCI member or supporter, your relevant personal experience where applicable, registration information for organisations
- If you become a CoMO member and are an organisation, information about how you work, including volunteer numbers, staff numbers, mission, financial situation.
- Information about your use of our website(s), including the device you are using, the pages you visit, your IP address and your geographical location. See below for more information on Cookies.
- Any other personal information you agree to provide to us.
How is your information used?
CLCI will use your personal information in the following ways:
- keep our membership listing up to date
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- seek your views or comments on the responses to consultations, draft policy and other documents
- notify you of changes to our events, courses or activities
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, conferences, or activities delivered by CLCI. We may also include in our communications information about events, conferences, or promotions we think will further our charitable objectives.
- CLCI will not share, sell or rent your personal information. However, as can arise in our activities where we arrange cooperative actions or activities, we will endeavour to ensure that you do not receive multiple invitations to such co-sponsored events. In such circumstances we reserve the right to share your first name, last name, and employer with partner organisations for the sole purpose of avoiding duplications in the final invitation list.
- Third parties commissioned by CLCI, such as the providers of a conference registration management system, an abstract submission management system, our mailing management system, our online surveys management system will not share your personal information without your express permission.
How long do we retain personal information?
We retain personal information for so long as required by law, or as may be required for record keeping and legal claims purposes.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example compliance with the requirements of Tax Authorities or the charities regulator). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, such as membership or for the administration of courses and events that we offer, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Our website makes use of cookie files to distinguish you from other users of our site and to provide you with a bespoke user experience tailored to your individual preferences. A cookie file (a small file of letters and numbers) will be placed on your computer or other access device each time you visit our site.
We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Your rights where we are processing your information
The UK and EU data protection legislation gives certain rights to UK and EU citizens whose information is being collected by CLCI and processed by our approved partners. The following is a quick summary of these rights:
Access to your information – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting your information – we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date, and so you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards. Please send us an email at email@example.com .
Deletion of your information
You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you if:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent.
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Please email us at secretariat@CL-CI.org to ask for the deletion of your information.
We keep this policy under regular review and will place any updates on this website. This privacy statement was last updated in April 2019.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to secretariat@CL-CI.org. We will investigate and respond to any complaints we receive.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO”). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/concerns.